Media Contact: Jason Nichols
Norfolk Festevents Releases Initial 2017 Festival & Event Dates
Norfolk, VA, (November 23, 2017) – Norfolk Festevents and the City of Norfolk are pleased to announce the initial Norfolk Festevents 2017 Schedule of Events. We invite you to discover all of the excitement of Norfolk’s waterfronts by experiencing dozens of unique and diverse special events. From Town Point Park in Downtown Norfolk on the historic Elizabeth River to Ocean View Beach Park in the vibrant Ocean View community on the Chesapeake Bay.
Mark your calendars with the following dates:
Town Point Park:
• 11th Annual Spring Town Point Virginia Wine Festival presented by AT&T: Saturday and Sunday, May 6&7, 2017 (ticketed event)
• NEW! Veer Magazine Music Awards Festival: Thursday, May 11, 2017
• 16thAnnual Virginia Beer Festival in partnership with Virginia Arts Festival: Saturday and Sunday May 20& 21, 2017 (ticketed event)
• 41stAnnualNorfolk Harborfest®presented by AT&T: Friday – Sunday, June 9-11, 2017
• 28thAnnual Bayou Boogaloo Music & Cajun Food Festival presented by AT&T: Friday – Sunday, June 23-25, 2017 (ticketed event)
• 35th Annual Fourth of July Great American Picnic & Fireworks presented by AT&T: Tuesday, July 4, 2017
• 35thAnnual Norfolk Jazz Festival presented by AT&T and the City of Norfolk: Friday and Saturday, July 14& 15, 2017 (ticketed event)The Jazz Festival will relocate to Norfolk Scope in the event of adverse weather.
• Midsummer Fantasy Theatre in the Park: Saturday, July 29, 2017
• NEW! Virginia Symphony Concert in the Park presented by The Patricia and Douglas Perry Foundation: Sunday, August 20, 2017
• 9th Annual Opera in the Park in partnership with the Virginia Opera: Saturday, September 9, 2017
• 5th Annual RibtoberFest: Saturday, September 23, 2017
• 29thAnnual Virginia Children’s Festival presented by AT&T: Saturday, October7, 2017 (ticketed event)
• 30th Annual Town Point Virginia Wine Festival presented by AT&T: Saturday and Sunday, October 21&22, 2017(ticketed event)
TowneBank Fountain Park (adjacent to Waterside District and Waterside Marina):
• TowneBank Fountain Park will be open for daily operation Memorial Day weekend Friday, May 26, 2017, and will host several new events in partnership with the new Waterside District and Elizabeth River Trail through Labor Day weekend Monday, September 4, 2017.
Ocean View Beach Park:
• Big Bands on the Bay Summer Concert Series begins Memorial Day weekend Sunday, May 28, 2017, and runs every Sunday through Labor Day weekend Sunday, September 3, 2017.
• TGOV (Thank Goodness it’s Ocean View) Summer Concert Series begins Friday,June30, 2017and will run every Friday until August 25, 2017.
• Ocean View Independence Day Celebration Concert and Fireworks: Friday, June 30, 2017
• 2nd Annual Ocean View Brews on the Bay Beer Festival that will coincide with the TGOV concert on Friday, July 21, 2017.
Additional events in Town Point Park, TowneBank Fountain Park, and Ocean View Beach Park will be announced in the coming weeks. Follow @festevents on social media, visit www.festevents.org or call 757-441-2345 for details and ticket information.
Events are produced by Norfolk Festevents with support from the City of Norfolk, AT&T, Norfolk Waterside Marriott, The Main, Lumos Networks, Southern Auto Group, TowneBank, Virginia Is For Lovers, Pepsi, Miller Light, Waterside District, and CFE Equipment Corporation.
Norfolk Festevents, Ltd. based in Norfolk, Virginia, is a private, not-for-profit organization dedicated to creating the most dynamic urban waterfront community in America through innovative programming and imaginative uses of its historic waterfront spaces. An extensive 10 month schedule of diverse outdoor cultural events, festivals, concerts, entertainment, holiday programs, tall ship visits, sports and recreation are presented in two popular and welcoming waterfront environments; Town Point Park located in downtown Norfolk on the banks of the Elizabeth River and Ocean View Beach Park situated on the shore line of the Chesapeake Bay. Norfolk Festevents has served as the City of Norfolk’s official event marketing agency since the city’s downtown waterfront revitalization initiatives began in 1982. The organization has garnered international acclaim for its advocacy for public access to waterfronts, outstanding quality programming and development of public spaces, transforming Norfolk into one of the most progressive, fun and livable waterfront communities in the country. Residents, workers, and visitors to Norfolk and the Hampton Roads region are invited to experience all the fun and excitement of the 2017 season!