Home » Articles
[ Back to Articles ]
January 17, 2011
Norfolk Festevents announces 29th Anniversary Season
35th Annual Norfolk Harborfest
Town Point Park, Downtown Norfolk
Norfolk, VA, (January 14, 2011) - Norfolk Festevents’ Board of Directors and the City of Norfolk announced this week the official Norfolk Festevents 2011 Schedule of Events for Town Point Park on the Downtown Norfolk Waterfront featuring more than 290 event dates for downtown Norfolk.
Honoring the East Coast’s premier waterfront festival in its 35th year, Norfolk Harborfest® will return to feature nautical history, maritime events, visiting vessels, children’s activities, local, regional and national entertainment as well as the region’s largest fireworks show. Harborfest 2011 will mark the official one year count down to the mega scale OpSail 2012 celebration. Norfolk Festevents is currently seeking artists for the 2011 commemorative Norfolk Harborfest® poster. Please contact Domenick Fini at 757-441-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
New in 2011:
Back by popular demand, AT&T Reggae Solstice returns to the 2011 season lineup on July 9 and promises to satisfy thy soul!
The TGIF weekly series will highlight a new themed Friday each month in TowneBank Fountain Park to include Bubbles & Blue Jeans Champagne tasting (May 13), Summer BrewFest (July 15), Crab Pickin’ at the Point (August 12) and Bluegrass & BBQ (September 23).
Outdoor theatre and an open air symphony concert are added to the Town Point Park Spring performing arts schedule with the addition of the Virginia Stage Company’s “An Enchanted Evening-with Rogers and Hammerstein” produced by the Virginia Stage Company featuring the Virginia Symphony (May 15) and a Memorial Day concert by the Virginia Symphony (May 30).
“Celebrate life daily” with signature favorites such as the 22nd Annual AT&T Bayou Boogaloo & Cajun Food Festival, the 24th Annual AT&T Town Point Virginia Wine Festival, the 29th Annual AT&T Fourth of July Great American Picnic & Fireworks and the 23rd Annual AT&T Virginia Children’s Festival.
Festevents CEO Karen Scherberger predicts that the 2011 season will build on the success of the 2010 events. "Despite all odds - from extreme heat to the economy - the events at Town Point Park saw the highest attendance in years, 100% major sponsorship renewals, and a significant increase in visitor spending and economic benefit to the City and downtown businesses."
Town Point Park signature events:
• 35th Annual Norfolk Harborfest®, June 9-12
o featuring the 2nd Annual HarborFEAST Seafood Sampler, June 9
• 24th Annual AT&T Town Point Virginia Wine Festival, October 15-16
• 22nd Annual AT&T Bayou Boogaloo & Cajun Food Festival, June 23-26
o featuring the 6th Annual Bayou Ball in partnership with the Arts Council of
New Orleans, June 23
• 29th Annual Norfolk Jazz Festival presented by the City of Norfolk, July 22-23
• 23rd Annual AT&T Virginia Children’s Festival, October 1
• 5th Annual AT&T Spring Town Point Virginia Wine Festival, May 7
• 29th Annual AT&T Fourth of July Great American Picnic & Fireworks, July 4
• 10th Annual Virginia Beer Festival in partnership with Virginia Arts Festival, May 14
• 6th Annual AT&T Acoustic Music Festival in partnership with WHRV, September 17
• 4th Annual Books in the Park in partnership with Barnes & Noble, TCC, September 17
• 11th Annual AT&T Norfolk Latino Music Festival, August 27
• 3rd Annual Opera in the Park in partnership with the Virginia Opera, September 10
• 6th Annual Mid-Autumn Moon Festival, September 18
• 3rd Annual AT&T Town Point BrewFest, October 7
• NEW! Symphony in the Park, in partnership with the Virginia Symphony, May 30
• NEW! AT&T Reggae Solstice, July 9
• NEW! One Enchanted Evening in partnership with Virginia Stage Company, May 15
TowneBank Fountain Park events located within Town Point Park:
April 23-October 31, TowneBank Fountain Park open for daily operation.
• 2nd Annual Spring Fountain Fair, April 23
• Cinco de Mayo, May 5
• ShamRock ‘n Roll, March 17
• TGIF, Every Friday from May 6-October 28
• NEW! Bubbles & Bluejeans TGIF, May 13
• NEW! Summer BrewFest TGIF, July 15
• NEW! Crab Pickin’ at the Point TGIF, August 12
• NEW! Bluegrass & BBQ TGIF, September 23
• Flicks at the Fountain Movie Series, Every Wednesday in July & August
• Salsa Saturdays, Every Saturday from July 2 – September 3
• Fountain Field Days, Every Wednesday from June 22 - August 31
The Festevents’ 2011 Season will deliver over 293 Days of Event Programming, 269 Free Events and 7 New Events! Please visit festevents.org for a detailed schedule with hours of operation, admission gate information and more!
The 29th season of special events is produced by Norfolk Festevents in partnership with Port of Virginia and presented by AT&T, the City of Norfolk, Norfolk Waterside Marriott, Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram, and CFE Equipment Corporation.
Norfolk Festevents, Ltd. is a private not for profit organization dedicated to producing premier concerts, festivals, ship visits and special events and city celebrations for residents and guests of Hampton Roads. Entering its 29th season, Norfolk Festevents has garnered international acclaim for its outstanding quality programming. Norfolk Festevents is the official event marketing and production agency for the City of Norfolk in Virginia.